Dog Persistently Licks Mom's Arm Until She Awakens, But As She Sits Up She's Suddenly Terrified
HeartEternal Staff 2/6/2017
Ashley DePasquale and her boyfriend have a two-year-old dog named Jack. He's a lovable dog who had been a great companion up until the night of Jan. 18. That's when Jack went from best friend status to something much more...
The home, owned, by Aubrey Lomax Jr., is shared by several family members, including his son, Ashley, and their baby. It was the middle of the night and both Jack and Ashley were asleep. All of a sudden, Jack, a shepherd-lab mix, frantically tried to awaken the pair. When they wouldn't wake to his attention-grabbing antics, he began licking Ashley.
Screenshot via Fox29
Groggy from a sound sleep, Ashley couldn't figure out why Jack was licking her. It was too late to play, and he usually didn't need a bathroom break during the night. As she slowly started to come fully awake, she realized with a fright why Jack was acting the way he was.
Jack was alerting his owners to the fact that their house was on fire. This wonderful pet was now trying to save Ashley's life. She jumped out of bed and sprinted through the house, hollering at everyone to get up and get out of the house immediately. But Jack wasn't done being a hero.
Screenshot via Fox29
There were seven people total in the house that fateful night, including children. Ashley's first thought was her baby girl. Jack was already by the little one's side, though, saving his owners' little girl.
No way was Jack going to let anything happen to his masters and their baby, let alone everyone else in the house. He was on guard, ready to save lives. He was scared, but knew what he had to do.
Ashley found Jack standing guard, protecting the 1.5-year-old from the fire that was fast approaching her and swallowing up the home. Ashley snatched up her little girl and she and Jack sprinted outside to safety.
Not even full grown yet, Jack's quick actions saved an entire family and house full of people who might not be alive today. While he's staying at a rescue facility for animals displaced due to emergencies, the facility is working with the family to get him back with them as soon as they recover and can care for him again.
Here's a video sharing Jack's incredible story of how he saved his loved ones.
While the home experienced significant damage, miraculously, no one was injured by the fire. All thanks to Jack, who truly saved the day. Have you had a similar experience with a pet coming to your rescue?
Sources: Facebook/Fox 29, Fox 29, FB Image: Facebook/Fox 29